Wednesday, July 01, 2009

crazy brother

I haven't dreamt in so long. And last night's dream was odd in my brain's typical fashion:

My schizophrenic little brother ran away from his group home again and in the course of searching for him, an officer of the law approached my mother and I to inform us that he had purchased a very high tech piece of equipment from the Russians. It was like one of those little wind-up car you push backwards to propel it forward, only it was a tiny spacecraft. It had enough umph in it to send it into space.

I saw him in a convenience store, much like the gwog. He was buying a forty ounce of some or other malt liquor. "What the hell are you doing with that thing?!" I ran up behind him and demanded. He was dragging it around on a leash. It was small and gray and shiny. It looked like a prop from a sci-fi movie, of a tiny space shuttle.

He laughed his usual drunken laughter. "I'm gonna send my soul into outer space!" He chuckled and ran outside. "But do you know how dangerous that is?!" I ran behind him.

Then he was gone and his little space shuttle remained. Curiosity got me and I put a little pressure on it and pulled it back about 20 ft. then let it go. It zipped up into the air and out of sight. Then it occurred to me that my little brother was probably inside of it.

No comments: