Wednesday, October 01, 2008

animals

Brice and I were at some banquet for I don't know what and there were ANIMALS everywhere! Every type of animal I could imagine, lined up in a row against the walls. The lady who led us in to the room showed us to our seat and pointed to the corner near a large fireplace. "You'll want to steer clear of those guys," she said, "they're pretty dangerous." I looked to where she was pointing to see a lion, tiger, jaguar, grizzly bear, and other various terrifying animals I'd never seen before. The room was filled with exotic animals..peacocks, birds of paradise, even an elephant. We sat down and started eating. Everything was so delicious. I felt like I'd never been hungrier in my life. The woman put a bowl of candy on the table that was the best candy I'd ever tried in my life. They were little fruity squares of every flavor--guava, mango, banana, kiwi, anything I wanted. I started to stuff the candy into my mouth rudely, and cramming as much I as could fit into my purse. Brice didn't budge. He was staring at the leopard that was making its way to our table. The woman (who was now at a podium) looked at us and mouthed the words "watch it!" We both climbed up on top of the table and held eachother fearfully. I continued to eat the delicious candy and we sat cross-legged on the fancy table, looking at eachother questioningly. Mmm, bubble gum flavor. We started crying and he told me about the day his dad died and how hard it was for him and his mom to drive the boat back after Daniel had drowned (for some reason, his dad had drowned to death in this alternate world, on some family outing on some lake). I told him I couldn't imagine the horror and that I was so sorry and hugged him as hard as I could.

No comments: