Wednesday, December 14, 2005

the last squirrel on earth

I was standing under a huge old tree in the middle of a field. It was near dusk and I couldn't see any sign of civilization anywhere around me. I started getting scared and sat down against the tree to contemplate how I would get home, wherever that was...

I didn't know what to think so I decided to just get up and start walking out into the field. As soon as I stood up, a bunch of dogs and squirrels fell out of the tree and landed all around me. I freaked out...I didn't realize they were even up there. Until then I had felt like the only person on earth, so I was happy to see the cute little animals. But the squirrels ran away and the dogs started growling at me and barking. Then they chased after the squirrels.

I started running the opposite direction of the animals into the field. I ran and ran for what seemed like hours looking for a house or a phone...but I never found one. I was still running when I awoke from the dream.

No comments: