Saturday, September 29, 2007

lots more stairs

Last night's dream:

Kari was about to move to Ohio from Washmo so I drove out there so we could have one last hurrah. But I had to wait for her to get off work--she was waitressing in some fancy restaurant. So I sat down and ordered some coffee. Kari was chatting with me because the place wasn't too busy. The owner of the place came by and slapped her on the bum and said, "Get back to work, I'm not paying you to talk!" And Kari rolled her eyes and walked away. I was like, "Kari, what a creep, are you going to take that?!" and she just shrugged. In reality she would've never stood for that. But alas, it's a dream.

She told me the owner also lived in the place and that I should explore while I was waiting for her to get off work. I realized it was the strangest building ever. The tables were arranged on platforms that just kept going up and up. Kari walked up the stairs, filling peoples' coffee mugs as she ascended. She walked up so far up I couldn't see her anymore. I strained my neck looking up all those stairs, wondering where they went. I climbed them.

They were the steepest stairs I'd ever climbed in my life. They went on forever. It was much like climbing the Temple of the Sun in Teotihuacan only I was doing it very quickly. I was huffing and puffing when I got to the top. Up and away from the restaurant patrons below, I was in a very nice living room with cedar walls and floors and cozy looking rugs all over, and solar panels in the ceiling. There were bookshelves full of books and movies, puffy looking couches and chairs, a large television, and children's toys everywhere. I heard children running and screaming somewhere, and heard the pounding of their feet on the floor above. Sounded like they were playing tag. I marveled at how many floors there were. Then I saw an entrance leading into a foyer which contained two different staircases.

After much deliberation, I took the one on the right, with a plan to come back down and go up the left staircase later. The stairs were like the ones I'd climbed before only with lots of turns and twists. I kept thinking it had to be the tallest house ever. I got to another living area, this time with children's bunkbeds. Then I saw even more staircases. I was overwhelmed.

That is all I remember.

No comments: